[Zope3-dev] RFC: Reducing the amount of ZCML directives

Michael Kerrin michael.kerrin at openapp.biz
Mon Feb 13 08:42:20 EST 2006

Hi Philipp,

On Monday 13 February 2006 11:08, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> looking for your comments at
> http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ReducingTheAmountOfZCMLDirectives :)
>
> This is a "formal" follow-up on my blog post on ZCML a while back
> (http://www.z3lab.org/sections/blogs/philipp-weitershausen/2005_12_14_zcml-
>needs-to-do-less). I expect there will be more proposals in this direction,
> this is just the beginning. It is also the easy part.
I am + 1 for the proposed directives, but I am not necessarily in favour for
all the potential directives you list so I will wait for a proposal on that
to comment future.

Also note that I have proposed on this list doing a big job on the WebDAV code
base in which will deprecate the provideInterface directive. So I can handle
this one since I am up to my eyeballs in this code anyways.

Michael
--
Michael Kerrin

55 Fitzwilliam Sq.,