[Zope3-dev] Re: Indirection Reporter

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 14 09:39:18 EST 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:18:24AM -0700, Shane Hathaway wrote:

| I want a way to inspect all of the indirections chosen in the course of
| a web request or any other publishing operation.  After executing a web
| request, Zope will report all of the points where it made a decision
| using the component architecture.  It will show what decision it made
| and which ZCML directive caused it to make that choice.

| Thoughts?  Will it work?  Should it be a priority?

A tool like this would be really handy.  It would help explain how
zope actually works, it would show the effects of various
configurations, and reveal how built-in components achieve certain
results that need to be achieved in some other context.

-D

--
"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
    --Jim Elliot

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org