[Zope3-dev] Re: Re: tal:define="..." considered harmful?

Balazs Ree ree at ree.hu
Wed Feb 15 11:23:46 EST 2006

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:41:36 +0100 Martijn Faassen wrote:
> A separate svn project would be nice. I'm sure z3lab is open; it's also
> welcome under the z3 base on codespeak.

I will then check it in to one of those; seriously, I can't decide which
location would be more proper as a home. The z3base seems more generic to
me, however the other ajax stuff is already in z3lab. (except AZAX, which
has the "kukit" part stored on codespeak.)

I am facing the same decision at where to bring in the "jsonserver"
(a.k.a. json-rpc) product which would be a complete zope2-zope3 product
merge.

> Are you interested in recovering some of there Zope TAL based regex stuff
> from Sapling? I'd be happy to merge it in. ctal doesn't appear to have
> this yet.

I must have a look, of course any enhancement would be great - and since
the main user at the moment is Jean-Marc, I would be interested in his
opinion.

> 'ctal' is a somewhat confusing name by the way, you'd think it
> was TAL implemented in C, another interesting project I've dabbled with on
> and off in the past.

I agree but if we change the name we should do it right now. What name
(prefix) would you suggest? Only thing, it needs to be different from
"tal" (since it must allow mixing the two namespaces in the same page) and
I personally would also be against "jtal". "ctal" was meant to stand for
"client tal" but indeed it might not be the finest choice.

--
Balazs Ree