[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 web root

suresh suresh_vv at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 23:58:49 EST 2006

Max M wrote:

> The problem is that all the people used to LAMP will come to Zope and
> think "Well I will need to think differently here. Thats a bother. I
> will use sql for everything like usual." And so we will get a lot of
> duplicated efforts and half-baked Zope developers, who will desperately
> try to use Zope for SQL development.

Let us not worry about the "half-baked developers" but instead think
about how the ideas in Zope itself can benefit a larger community of
developers.

> Remember its the "Z Object Publishing Enviroment"?

Has been around a while with ZSQL support and the net is littered with
war stories about how people have burnt their fingers using Zope for SQL
development. The mechanism of loading objects from the filesystem is
going to set anybody back.

My 2 paise,

Suresh