[Zope3-dev] (distributed) Communication between components

Reinhold Strobl reinhold.strobl at gmx.net
Thu Feb 16 13:53:13 EST 2006

I am new to Zope3, but I have background knowledge in J2EE.
So, I would like to know the forms of communication between distributed
components or distributed components and clients. As far as I know, Zope
focusses on HTML communication, also allowing XML-RPC calls to
components. But is this still the only possiblity? If yes, how could
security be integrated in such communication? And if yes, I mean is that
a disadvantage in comparision to J2EE where RMI enables communication to
server still like local calls. If no, what other kinds of communication
are possible?

Thanks a lot in advance,
best regards