[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 web root

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Tue Feb 21 09:02:38 EST 2006

On Feb 18, 2006, at 3:08 AM, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> In my last project, reusing the ZMI seemed like a good idea.  Maybe
> that was a bad choice.  Do you start with an empty site.zcml?  I
> haven't dared yet. :-)

We started mostly from scratch, with various successes and failures
as we tried to reuse large-scale UI/framework.  I'd say that we've
generally been happier and more successful reusing lots of small
components and small-scale UI bits, versus large "framework" things
like the ZMI (others with whom I work, feel free to disagree ;-).  I
regard the "smaller zope 3" and "eliminate zope.app" movements as
signs that this is a shared feeling.

Gary