[Zope3-dev] More information when verifyClass or verifyObject fails

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Fri Feb 24 16:52:11 EST 2006

On Feb 24, 2006, at 4:41 PM, Morten W. Petersen wrote:

>> In both your emails, tracebacks would be helpful.
>
> Yep.  :)
>
>> verifyObject/verifyClass (almost?) always gives the name of the
>> part of the interface that it found lacking.  It is sometimes hard
>> to parse the exception, I grant.  Care to give the tail end of the
>> traceback and the interface?
>
> I'm doing it play-by-play from a book, and unfortunately I don't
> have the code to reproduce it.  But as far as I can remember, it
> just said that the class or instance didn't verify against the
> interface, without any explanation of which attribute or method it
> was failing on, which could've been a good thing to know.

Cool.

The three sorts of exceptions that the verify methods will raise are
'DoesNotImplement' (you didn't actually declare the object to
implement/provide the interface; no name is appropriate),
'BrokenImplementation', and 'BrokenMethodImplementation' (both of
which include a name, AFAICT in the code).  Maybe you got a
"DoesNotImplement"?  I could see how it might be confusing.

These sorts of questions should probably go to zope3-users, btw.

Gary