[Zope3-dev] BBB and Deprecation Warnings

Benji York benji at zope.com
Tue Jan 3 14:15:15 EST 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 January 2006 13:33, Benji York wrote:
>> > As a corollary, it would be time now to remove the BBB that should be
>> > removed for 3.3. Should we wait for 3.4?
>>
>>Following the rules above, if 3.3 will be released more than 12 months
>>since the release of 3.1, it would be OK to remove the code now.
>
> Unfortunately, Zope 3.1 *final* was not released until 10/2/2005, so that 3.3
> will be out before 12 months.

12 months seems like a good interval to me, not too long to be overly
burdensome on the developers, but not so short as to be overly demanding
of users.

As much as BBB code annoys me personally, I think maintaining a minimum
compatibility window is necessary for an important class of user.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer