[Zope3-dev] Twisted? We lost the username in the access.log

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Thu Jan 12 15:21:18 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> This is fairly serious, but I don't want it to delay 3.2.1 final.
> I suggest we try to fix this the week after the final release.
> I'd like to shoot for getting a 3.2.1 release out around the end of
> January.
> I'd like to see a beta release around the middle of the month.
Any word on this?  This afternoon, I put together a hack that involves
pushing the response's authuser in a header
(zope.publisher.http.HTTPResponse.getHeaders) to twisted's response,
then using that in the logger
(twisted.web2.log.BaseCommonAccessLoggingObserver.emit).

I am mainly interested in getting  x-forwarded-for in the log (my
machines are all behind pound, and 127.0.0.1 as ip address is pretty
useless), but I found the XXX about user while I was spelunking there.

-Jim Washington