[Zope3-dev] December release post-mortem

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Wed Jan 18 10:56:07 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:45:20AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| People up to now have come up with systems like this that they thought were
| automated enough.  That's why we don't have a 2.9 release for windows.

What about we turn that around. How would you describe a 'automated
enough' build environment? I suspect you consider:

  python setup.py bdist_wininst

to be pretty close to that. How does it differ from:

  make installer

once all dependencies are in place?

I agree that the procedure for building the current Windows installer,
though documented (yes, it is documented), has more steps than
required. One place where it could be streamlined is that it expects
you to download the Python 2.3 Windows Installer and tarball manually
and put them into a specific directory. That could certainly be done
by the makefile.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.