[Zope3-dev] December release post-mortem

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Wed Jan 18 11:36:11 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:24:20AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| Sidnei da Silva wrote:
| >On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 10:45:20AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| >| People up to now have come up with systems like this that they thought
| >were
| >| automated enough.  That's why we don't have a 2.9 release for windows.
| >
| >What about we turn that around. How would you describe a 'automated
| >enough' build environment? I suspect you consider:
| >
| >  python setup.py bdist_wininst
| >
| >to be pretty close to that.
|
| I think
|
| http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ZopeWindowsRelease
|
| Is pretty close.  Note that this has a number os steps, but there are few
| and they are well documented, so I don't have to think.

Not that much different from what already exists for Zope 2:

http://svn.zope.org/Zope/trunk/inst/WinBuilders/README.txt?rev=39675&view=auto

| As I said before, the fact that we don't have a windows release
| is proof that the process isn't automated enough.

That's not a proof that the process is not automated enough. The
transition from python2.3 to 2.4 *is* non-trivial because python
changed from distutils to MSI.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.