[Zope3-dev] Notifications not appearing on zope3-checkins

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Jan 20 17:34:38 EST 2006

After I checked in code into the Zope 3 repository this week, I never
saw corresponding notifications posted to the zope3-checkins mailing
list.  I don't think I saw notifications for my checkins during 2005,
either.

Note that notifications have a "from" header matching the email address
of the person checking in.  My wild guess is that:

1. The zope3-checkins list disallows posts from people not subscribed to
the list.

2. Subversion thinks my address is still shane at zope.com, but that
address no longer exists.

3. Mailman is bouncing my checkin notifications back to shane at zope.com,
so I never see the rejection notices, either.

If I'm right, the list is rejecting posts from anyone who doesn't happen
to be subscribed.  My suggestion is that checkin notifications should
have a generic "from" header like "svn at zope.org".  Some other header can
have the email address of the person checking in.

Shane