[Zope3-dev] Re: ZCML bad ;-)

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sun Jan 22 18:13:20 EST 2006

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 10:58:43AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Jeff Shell wrote:
> >But I'm really starting to get frustrated with a lot of the elements
> >in the ZCML browser: namespace.
(snip)

> To a large extent, they were failed experiments. Just stop using them.

Eek. How do those of us who are still neophytes recognize which
browser: directives are failed experiments?
Is there anything in the browser: namespace we *should* use?
I count 18 in Philip's book which I just got.

> Menus are best understoood as a pattern!

I'd like to see this somewhere in the z3 wiki on zope.org,
but I don't see an obvious good place to put it.
Somewhere under User Documentation?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com