[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: ZConfig and other formats for ZCML

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 10:26:05 EST 2006

Too add fire to the flames, I have always found ZConfigs format utterly bizzare.

A format like:
 [yadayada]
xmas=hohoho
easter=bunny

I understand. A header for sections and keyword=value pairs under each
section. Fine.

<yadayada
   xmas="hohoho"
  easter="bunny"
  />

Also makes sense to me. That's XML. Consistent and logical. Overkill
for ZCML? Possibly, but immensly extensible.

But

<yadayada>
xmas hohoho
easter bunny
</yadayada>

Where is the logic in that format? It starts out looking like
somethingML, but then isn't.

Deprecating ZCML for something better I could live with, but
deprecating is for the ZConfig format? Ehm... no thanks.