[Zope3-dev] ZCML bad ;-)

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 11:16:35 EST 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 19 January 2006 13:45, Chris Withers wrote:
>
>>- the tags never have any content, that's a sign xml is the wrong solution
>
> Not true. All complex directives have sub-directives.

Well, what about the most deeply nested directive directives? And what
about the common ones as described in your and Philipp's books? do they
have contents? ;-)

>>- if anyone has or does rebind xml namespaces, it causes confusion.
>>having to include the namespace definitions at the top of each file is
>>dead chicken most of the time.
>
> It's not a dead chicken at all. In every fairly advanced package I write I
> have at least 2, if not 3 or 4 different namespaces.

You didn't read what I said... I assert that anyone who binds the
http://namespaces.zope.org/zope to anything other than the default
namespace, or http://namespaces.zope.org/browser to anything other than
browser: will be causing confusion for themselves an anyone else who has
to read the .zcml they've generated. For me, this means I see the
namespace declarations you have to write at the zope of _every_ .zcml
file as dead chickens...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk