[Zope3-dev] Re: ZCML bad ;-)

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 11:29:28 EST 2006

On 1/24/06, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Shane Hathaway wrote:
> > Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> >
> >> However, I think one namespace for ZCML is enough.

Are you sure?

Perhaps it's reasonable to use a single namespace for all the ZCML
directives defined as part of the Zope 3 release.  What about
third-party directives?  Are you saying we don't need to worry about
introducing names that conflict with third-party names we don't know
about?

That sounds short-sighted to me.  We've certainly defined several
directives here at ZC, and I'd hate to have to push them all into Zope
3 itself just to ensure we don't end up with name conflicts in the
future.

> (and if we can get it down to one, we don't have to specify it at the
> top of the file... yay!)

If we're using XML+Namespaces, we have to specify it, regardless of
the number of namespaces used.

  -Fred

"There is no wealth but life." --John Ruskin