[Zope3-dev] Deploying WSGI Apps with Zope 3.2+

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Thu Jan 26 06:44:36 EST 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 06:30:02AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
| Sidnei da Silva wrote:

| >|
| >| Why is this necessary?
| >
| >So the config file for paste.deploy can be in <INSTANCE_HOME>/etc/paste.ini
|
| Hm. I don't have the time to think hard about this right now,
| but I suspect the model you are following isn't quite right.  Rather than
| implicitly looking for a paste file in a magic location, I suspect that you
| should name the paste file in your ZConfig file or possibly extend the
| ZConfig
| schema with components that reproduce what's normally found in a paste
| config
| file (app definitions, server definitions, etc.).  Of course, either of
| these
| options requires updating the ZConfig schema which is a real pain, so I can
| understand why you wouldn't want to do that.

And you're right to the point.

My original intention was to put the config file location in the
ZConfig schema, but that's *waaaay* too painful right now.

OTOH, it does seem to work pretty reasonably right now to serve as a
prototype. I have other concerns than if the config file location is
magic or not at the moment. I mean, it's probably better that it's
hardcoded to '<INSTANCE>/etc/paste.ini' than configurable at this
point. I don't think one would need *more than one* paste.deploy
configuration file anyway, so changing it's name would be pretty
pointless.

I think we can slowly progress from here, solving the ZConfig problem,
then the server-type-always-takes-db-argument and eventually end up
with zope.paste in the main tree and having the default wsgi server be
configured using paste.deploy.

BTW, I've updated the README.txt to include a more extensive
description of how to use it right now:

http://svn.zope.org/zope.paste/trunk/README.txt?rev=41449&view=markup

Thoughts?

--