[Zope3-dev] Correction to RFC

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Jan 27 15:37:03 EST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 20:34 +0100, Christian Theune wrote:
> Obviously I'm blind. I found the __traceback_info__ code a few lines
> down.
>
> Obviously they are used for slightly different things.
>
> Obviously I'm going to investigate again, why the __traceback_info__
> elements don't appear.

I found out that simply there are two different types of ways to get a
view on a  traceback:

- The one the user sees. This one currently is a standard Python
traceback.

- The one you see in the error log. This includes all the shiny
formatting.

Is it intentional that there is a distinction? It took me quite a while
to actually notice that minore difference and come to the conclusion
that there are two different mechanisms used.

Christian