[Zope3-dev] zope.app.twisted.ftp tests

Michael Kerrin michael.kerrin at openapp.biz
Mon Jan 30 06:07:50 EST 2006

On Monday 30 January 2006 02:23, Andrew Bennetts wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 09:44:44PM +0000, Michael Kerrin wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> >   I have just fixed issue #533 and it just reminded me that I have some
> > test for the twisted ftp server written using the Twisted trial testing
> > framework.
> >
> >   The reason for this is that at the Neckar sprint I tried to write tests
> > for the zope.app.twisted.ftp.ftp.ZopeFTPShell. This object can be thought
> > of has middle ware between Twisted and Zope, in fact it lives more up in
> > the Twisted server then in Zope. Has most of the methods in this class
> > return Twisted deferred objects it was next to impossible to test these
> > methods using the standard zope testing framework. All these tests are
> > pretty much self contained i.e. even by removing zope.app.ftp the tests
> > still pass and there are only 26 of them.
>
> With sufficiently recent Twisted (possibly 2.1, but definitely SVN), it
> should be possible to run these tests with the standard zope testing
> framework.  Trial is now unittest compatible enough that
> twisted.trial.unittests.TestCases can be used in plain unittest.TestSuites,
> and so forth.

Thanks for the information. I will definitely try and get this to work,
instead of adding a new testing framework to buildbot. It was just remember
back in September / October trying to test the integration of Twisted / Zope
using the zope testing framework caused me a lot of grief, has Stephan will
testify to. At the time I will admit to learning a lot so I could have being
doing something wrong.

Michael
--
Michael Kerrin