[Zope3-dev] My Experiences using Interface invariants with Formlib

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:10:18 EST 2006

On 1/30/06, Michael Howitz <mh at gocept.com> wrote:
> I have an interface with two password fields which should be equal:
>
> class IUser(Interface):
>     password=zope.schema.Password(title=u"password")
>     password2=zope.schema.Password(title=u"password again")

Gary outlined one approach, but I'll suggest another possibility anyway.

If the purpose of repeating the field is only to provide a "confirm
password" field for the user interface, it may make sense to provide a
new widget for Password fields that does all that itself, instead of
putting that in the data model.

At that point, you have only one password field in your model, but the
form can still deal with password double-entry in reasonable ways.

  -Fred

"There is no wealth but life." --John Ruskin