[Zope3-dev] Deploying WSGI Apps with Zope 3.2+

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 13:40:40 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:

> Every change I've ever been involved with has been extremely painful.
> I can't even explain well what made it painful because I didn't really
> understand what was going on and needed help from Fred.  Maybe someone
> would make the same comment about ZCML, although I've had a lot of positive
> feedback on the ZCML extension mechanisms.  <shrug/>

Yeah, sadly whoever did the Zope 2 stuff with ZConfig decided to use all
the weird knobs they could find that Fred has even said he wished hadn't
been used (handlers might be what I'm thinking of, but I might have the
name wrong)...

If you stick to the simple stuff, which Zope 2's schema could easilly
have done, everything is relatively painless :-/

Oh well...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk