[Zope3-dev] The vision thing

Geoff Davis geoff at phds.org
Sun Mar 5 09:18:16 EST 2006

Jeff Shell has posted some thought-provoking pieces on his blog that are
relevant to Jim's recent attempt to better articulate a vision for Zope:

http://griddlenoise.blogspot.com/2006/03/zope-crisis-of-faith-coming-this-march.html

http://griddlenoise.blogspot.com/2006/03/crisis-of-faith-messengers-have-been.html

I share some of Jeff's concerns.

One thing that he has been doing that I think is really important for us
is to systematically explore Django / TurboGears / Rails to see what they
are doing that we can learn from.  I have already seen several interesting
posts from Jeff on this list and would love to hear more from him on the
topic.

I have two questions for everyone:

* Can we address Jeff's concerns?  If so, how?
* What can we learn from Rails / Django / TurboGears?

Geoff