[Zope3-dev] RFC: Use ConfigParser for High-Level Configuration

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 14:16:56 EST 2006

On 3/6/06, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
> In modern Zope[2] schemas, there is a general purpose abstract type
> precisely for this kind of extensions.

When Tres and I added this, we planned specifically to see how it was
received by the Zope 2 community.  If people liked the way this was
done, it could be added to Zope 3.

That said, I don't think Jim's concerns are limited to the Zope
configuration schema, but extend to configurations that do not
necessarily involve the Zope application server at all.

It may be that a better foundation schema is something to experiment
with, especially for non-Zope applications.

I don't expect to have any time for this in the near future.

  -Fred

"There is no wealth but life." --John Ruskin