[Zope3-dev] Two visions

Jake jake at zopezone.com
Mon Mar 6 21:21:08 EST 2006

I think it is a huge mistake to lose Zope branding. After years of
building up momentum behind a project, to head off into some strange
developer code speak is just going to lose people who are not
intimately involved.

The world, after many  years, gets versions. Stick to it.

Works:
Mac OS9 -> Mac OSX (10)

Here was a mistake:
Mosaic -> Netscape -> Netscape Communicator -> Netscape Gold ->
Firebird -> Mozilla -> Firefox

How about:
Zope 2 -> Zope 3

You can change the core technologies, the packaging, the identity,
but don't change the name.

Jake

http://www.ZopeZone.com
"Zoping for the rest of us"