[Zope3-dev] Re: Mandatory Viewing!

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Tue Mar 7 14:29:13 EST 2006

Paul Everitt wrote:
> I still don't think scripters and developers are the same people.  I
> won't repeat Dan's arguments here, but I think his essay is a valuable
> read for understanding an audience that isn't like most zope3-dev people.

Once again this comes down to differing visions.  Is Zope more like
Excel / OOo Calc, where spreadsheet users are presented simplified but
limited capabilities, or is it more like most web frameworks, which have
only one audience but do their best to provide a great experience for
that audience?  It may not be possible to be both, due to limited resources.

Shane