[Zope3-dev] New way of using skins

Sat Mar 11 07:15:25 EST 2006

Am Freitag, 10. März 2006 13:50 schrieb Stephan Richter:
> On Friday 10 March 2006 07:22, Florian Lindner wrote:

> > > Yes, this is one use case Phillip removed.
> >
> > And what meaning has the name attribute of the interface directive?
>
> Well it is the name of the interface utility.
>
> Have you tried registering your layer using the interface directive with a
> name and then use that in the layer attribute?
>
> I think ovarall, Phillip should support those named layers.

Yes, I have my interface registered with:

    <zope:interface
        interface=".interfaces.ICentershockSkin"
        type="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserSkinType"
        name="centershock"
    />

class ICentershockSkin(zope.app.rotterdam.Rotterdam):

I've tried to use the name centershock in either a layer or a type attribute,
but nothing worked. Only giving the the python path with the layer attribute
worked. The type attribute does not even seem to exist, although I understood
Philipps proposal that it should replace the layer.
(tested with a resource directive)

Regards,

Florian