[Zope3-dev] what is ZCML?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Mar 14 14:17:46 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote at 2006-3-14 07:23 -0500:
>> * Setting up the indexes in a catalog.
>
>definition

Really?

I would consider it configuration -- even "high level" configuration.

>BTW, a general thing to keep in mind:
>
>- Indirection and abstraction are inherently bad because they
>   hide things. :)
>   (This is a corolary of "explicit is better than implicit".)

I do not agree with this (but I also do not agree with
"explicit is better tham implicit" -- almost all activities
would become drastically more difficult if they could only be
done explicitly: walking, driving, eating, ... I am very happy
that most things, in real life and in programming work implicitly
and on an appropriate abstract level).

--
Dieter