[Zope3-dev] Re: Reducing the Amount of ZCML Directives ready for review

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Mar 19 19:15:25 EST 2006

Dominik Huber wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
>> * class/implements and class/factory weren't removed -- yet. I guess
>> removing these might be a bit controversial. I'd therefore like to take
>> this opportunity to bring this topic up again and to give everyone a
>> chance to look at the proposal once again, before I start spending lots
>> of time on the implementation.
>
> I'm -1 on moving <implements> out of the class directive

Why? With a top-level <implements> directive, we get to deal with more
general cases (not only classes can implement interfaces, functions can
too). It will also let us get rid of the Five-specific five:implements
directive for which there seems to be no good reason to be in the five
namespace.

With "Reducing the Amount of ZCML Directives" I'm looking mostly at
consolidation of the existing stuff.

> and I'm still -1 on removing the factory subdirective.

Would you care to explain why? I couldn't find a previous comment from
you on that.

Philipp