[Zope3-dev] httpgz in zope.conf?

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Mon Mar 20 09:35:31 EST 2006

I announced release of httpgz, http://zif.hill-street.net/httpgz on
Zope3-Users this past weekend.

It does very nice things to bandwidth.  One particular page (tabular and
very repetitious) went from around 400K to 25K for the client.
MochiKit.js went from 94254 bytes to 24854 bytes.  This makes web pages
seem much faster, particularly on slower connections.

I am wondering what the best mechanism for turning this on and off would
be.  I suppose it is simple enough to insert and remove the
httpgz-configure.zcml file in etc/package-includes, but is there a place
for third-party hooks in zope.conf?  Or would that be a bad idea?

-Jim Washington