[Zope3-dev] httpgz in zope.conf?

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Tue Mar 21 08:41:51 EST 2006

Gary Poster wrote:

> On Mar 20, 2006, at 9:39 AM, Stephan Richter wrote:
>
>> On Monday 20 March 2006 09:35, Jim Washington wrote:
> [...]
>> BTW, I would be glad to see a proposal to add this to the core. I
>> think httpgz
>> is general very interesting to a lot of people.
>
> +1
If it goes into the core, httpgz can be done much more elegantly.

Perhaps another proposal could suggest a method for registering and
sequencing post-processing utilities?

I can think of several possible post-content-generation operations that
might take advantage of such a hook.
- javascript minimization / obfuscation
- watermarking or tagging pdf's and images
- inserting 'this is the development site, not the real site' or
copyright statements
- tidying - wow the folks that 'view source'
- httpgz
- zc.resourcelibrary

-Jim Washington