[Zope3-dev] Re: z3c.baseregistry weirdness

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Apr 4 09:38:29 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 04 April 2007 05:52, Adam Groszer wrote:
> We're having here a problem with our app that uses z3c.baseregistry.
> The app used to live at something like http://localhost:8080/ap_test/...
> That's an ISite. Somebody managed to rename ap_test to ap_test2 (but
> anything works) and the app lost it's declarations that use the
> registerIn directive. The rename was done through the ZMI.
> By debugging it seems like the local sitemanager lost it's magic.
> That means it's no more subclassed from z3c.baseregistry.BaseComponents.
>
> I intend to dig deeper, but right now I'm a bit puzzled where to dig.

Wow, this seems extremely odd. I have never tried renaming sites, so I have no
idea of what happens. My first suggestion would be to check the bases whether
they are still there and then try to remove and re-add the base registry.

Whatever the problem, I am pretty sure it is not a base registry problem, but
a local site manager one. It'll probably turn out that we will need a special
Mover/Copier for sites.

Regards,
Stephan
--