[Zope3-dev] Cleaning up dependencies for Zope 3.4 eggs

Brian Sutherland jinty at web.de
Thu Apr 5 12:33:50 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 11:34:50AM -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Thursday 05 April 2007 11:08, Bernd Dorn wrote:
> > i use this tiny script
> >
> > http://svn.zope.org/z3c.configurator/trunk/importchecker.py?
> > rev=73771&view=log
>
> Right, I know about the importchecker. But it does nto generate the dependency
> tree for me and is agnostic to optional dependencies, which are supported by
> setuptools. I really want to hook into the dependencies of the setup script.

This is the way I'm using to get at the config of setup.py in some of my
tools:

from distutils.core import run_setup
dist = run_setup('setup.py', stop_after='config')

Then, it get's a little complex to actually get the data you want. I've
been doing something like:

from pkg_resources import parse_requirements

requires = parse_requirements(dist.install_requires)
for req in requires:
    if req.specs:
        for spec in req.specs:
            op, version = spec
            print '%s (%s %s)' % (req.project_name, op, version)

> Regards,
> Stephan
> --
> Stephan Richter
> CBU Physics & Chemistry (B.S.) / Tufts Physics (Ph.D. student)
> Web2k - Web Software Design, Development and Training

Brian Sutherland