[Zope3-dev] Cleaning up dependencies for Zope 3.4 eggs

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Apr 5 13:09:14 EDT 2007

On Thursday 05 April 2007 12:19, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> > I think what we need is a tool that draws us a dependency graph. Is there
> > something out there already, at least for creating the dependency graph
> > text version? Since all dependencies are specified as an argument to the
> > setup function, I would not immediately know how to extract that
> > information, except than monkey patching into it.
>
> I have a half-baked tool that analyzes Python module dependencies by
> parsing import statements.  It was not as useful as I hoped, as the
> graphs produced from SchoolTool sources were big and unwieldy.

I think the graph based on setup dependencies might be saner, since it groups
certain dependencies  and we would run it on a single package instead of an
entire appplication. But I can see where you are coming from.

BTW, thanks for the supybot ChannelLogger -> HTML converter. Very handy. :-)

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter