[Zope3-dev] Re: Cleaning up dependencies for Zope 3.4 eggs

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Apr 6 06:13:28 EDT 2007

Fred Drake wrote:
> On 4/5/07, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Since we almost eggified all packages under zope.app namespace,
>> should we keep the all-in-one zope.app egg ?
>
> I've been making it a point to not depend on the zope.app egg;
> depending on it brings in things I don't want, and that's what we're
> trying to get away from in the first place.

Right. The current zope.app egg also includes never-ever released
things. It's simply the Zope3/src/zope/app directory from svn (which
still has some old, never used and probably dangerous stuff in it).

> I don't know that unpublishing the already-published versions is
> needed; they can sit unused forever, and that won't break anything for
> the people who choose to depend on it.

Apart from the fact that we should clean out the Zope3/src/zope/app
directory in svn, we should also delete all traces of the zope.app egg.
As mentioned, it contains unreleased stuff and is therefore not
production or release material. Keeping it around would be misleading.