[Zope3-dev] revisiting IResult (for in-Zope pipelining)

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Mon Apr 16 10:10:39 EDT 2007

Hey,

Am Montag, den 16.04.2007, 09:58 -0400 schrieb Jim Fulton:
> On Apr 15, 2007, at 9:51 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
>
> > The work that Jim Washington and David Pratt have started recently
> > to make lxml an XHTML generator/ZPT replacement [#1]_ has really
> > excited me.  It would be *great* with in-Zope pipelines [#2]_.
> >
> > IResult (zope/publisher/http.py, about line 600) has been the
> > hidden, private, don't-use-it-because-it's-going-away tool with
> > which you can build pipelines since before Dec. 2005 [#3]_  I know
> > at least a couple of people who haven't explored the idea of using
> > it for a pipeline, despite interest, simply because the IResult
> > interface was private.
> >
> > Can we quickly figure out a reasonable way to make the new,
> > improved interface ready for 3.4?
>
> I don't know if it is too late for 3.4.

I'm working on a 3.4 alpha right now, and as soon as I figure this out,
we have a two weeks deadline to get things into beta shape. I kind of
guess that's a bit tight.

BTW: I updated the wiki to reflect the release cycle scheduling and
terminology, corrections are welcome.

See http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ReleaseCycle

Christian