[Zope3-dev] Is Zope3.4 eggs going to be backwards compatible with Zope3.3 zpkg?

Ignas Mikalajunas ignas.mikalajunas at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 10:31:14 EDT 2007

Hi, I have accidentally tried upgrading from Zope3.3 branch checkout
to Zop3.4 eggs, and it seems that at least:

<include package="zope.app" />

instead of throwing a deprecation warning (the way switching to
Zope3.4 branch does IIRC) just stopped working.

Is there something wrong with my setup or will this way of upgrading
things just not work? I can migrate Zope3.3 zpkg -> Zope3.4 zpkg ->
Zope3.4 eggs. Just that naming Egg release 3.4 seems a bit unfair, as
one would expect 3.4 to be backwards compatible with 3.3.

Ignas Mikalajūnas