[Zope3-dev] Re: Is Zope3.4 eggs going to be backwards compatible with Zope3.3 zpkg?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Apr 18 14:47:22 EDT 2007

Ignas Mikalajunas wrote:
> Hi, I have accidentally tried upgrading from Zope3.3 branch checkout
> to Zop3.4 eggs, and it seems that at least:
>
> <include package="zope.app" />
>
> instead of throwing a deprecation warning (the way switching to
> Zope3.4 branch does IIRC) just stopped working.
>
> Is there something wrong with my setup or will this way of upgrading
> things just not work? I can migrate Zope3.3 zpkg -> Zope3.4 zpkg ->
> Zope3.4 eggs. Just that naming Egg release 3.4 seems a bit unfair, as
> one would expect 3.4 to be backwards compatible with 3.3.

I suspect something's wrong with your setup. Judging from our IRC
conversation, you had a mixture of the Zope 3.3 checkout and Zope 3.4
eggs in your sys.path. I've seen this break things before and it usually
was due to sys.path weirdnesses (e.g. [1]).

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/grok/+bug/106287