[Zope3-dev] Getting 403 error from download.zope.org

Benji York benji at zope.com
Sun Apr 22 15:11:21 EDT 2007

David Pratt wrote:
> Any idea what is happening with the site?
>
>    Getting distribution for zope.app.zptpage
> Error: Can't download
> http://download.zope.org/distribution/zope.app.zptpage-3.4.0a1.tar.gz:
> 403 Forbidden

That file isn't world-readable.  scp (appears to be) using the file
permissions as they are on the uploading file system.  We need some way
to guarantee that the resulting permissions are such that files placed
in /distribution/ will be accessible.  (Someone who has sudo on that
machine will have to fix those permissions, I can't.)

A chmod in a cron job is the best idea I have.  Others?
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer