[Zope3-dev] Getting 403 error from download.zope.org

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Mon Apr 23 08:40:08 EDT 2007

Hi all. This circumstance highlights the need for backup distribution
and the availability of the packages. This was touched upon in the more
recent discussions about the cheeseshop - even as a backup to the
download site.  Whether it is a permissions issue, site down or other
potential issue, folks are soon to become dependent on more frequent
requests to download.zope.org to pick up eggs.

I don't doubt for the reasons previously identified, that pipy doesn't
have its flaws - or that there are not other compelling reasons to not
release eggs to pipy. At the same time, probably the folks responsible
for the distribution machinery don't want additional pressure if things
stop working - and developers will not want there developmental
buildouts breaking as an alternative. Is it possible to move forward
with pipy as a backup? Many thanks.

Regards,
David