[Zope3-dev] Zope? PostgreSQL

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Apr 23 09:39:03 EDT 2007

--On 23. April 2007 09:20:14 -0400 Ariel Eduardo Morales Malpica
<aemorales at estudiantes.uci.cu> wrote:

> Hi. I'm working on a project and I'm using ZODB but my mentor advices me
> that this model of database will be so big after one or two years. He
> consider that because ZODB works with transactions and it's added to
> ZODB frequently. My mentor mentioned me PostgreSQL, but I don't want it,
> because is better for me use Objet Oriented Database than Relational
> Database.

You pack and reorganize the ZODB like any other RDBMS. Don't tell us that
a RDBMS won't grow :-)

> I don't know what to do.
> Is true that ZODB can be so big in few years? I'm implementing a Project
> Management System and I fear that it could be a problem after a few
> years. (use ZODB).

Your issue isn't really of major interest when making a decision for/against
the ZODB. The decision for example must depend on your data model and how
relational it is. Both systems have their pros and cons.

-aj