[Zope3-dev] Separating projects

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 14:00:25 EDT 2007

The "giant Zope 3 checkout" / "shadow project" dichotomy is driving me
up the wall. For code that (really) lives in the Zope 3 checkout, it's
difficult to deal with separate releases for the shadow projects since
the version number should really come from the Zope 3 project.

I'm going to move the code for some projects from the Zope 3 tree into
the separate projects, and add externals from Zope 3 to those
projects.  This will allow releases to be handled more sanely.

The projects I'm separating are:

    zope.index
    zope.app.catalog
    zope.app.intid

While I move the code and add externals to the Zope 3 tree, checkouts
will be momentarily broken.  I'll send another note when I'm done with
these changes.

  -Fred