[Zope3-dev] Re: Separating projects

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Apr 27 05:29:40 EDT 2007

Christian Zagrodnick wrote:
> On 2007-04-27 02:43:10 +0200, "Fred Drake" <fdrake at gmail.com> said:
>
> [...]
>

>> Since I expect the "giant checkout" to rapidly fall out of favor, I'm
>> all for moving code to the satellite projects.  Then "Zope 3" will be
>> free to become a swarm of nano-projects that can be assembled into
>> useful but also lean and maintainable applications.  Which is what we
>> really care about.
>
> Yes! I'd very much like that. That makes it also easier to get the
> dependencies right.

+1 from me. One of the main things stopping me doing zope 3 development
is the need to do a monster checkout.

Of course, the only slightly risk is that when you change a satellite
project, you cause test breakage in other satellite projects. How do
people feel about that?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk