[Zope3-Users] Users in content space

Jim Washington jwashin at vt.edu
Fri Dec 3 15:17:07 EST 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:

>On Friday 03 December 2004 10:12, Jim Washington wrote:
>

>>Surely someone has done this?
>>
>>I have "users" in a content-space hierarchy.  They can provide IPrincipal.
>>
>>I think the next step is to make a PAS service that can authenticate
>>based on these, but I haven't figured out the incantation to get to
>>content space to make a list of the "users".  I'm using svn trunk.
>>
>>Any pointers?
>>

>No, this is wrong. You should never store users. They are created on the fly
>when a request comes in. What you really want are home folders, which I
>*sigh* should finish. Okay, I'll finish them now. ;-)

Stephan, thanks for the reply.  And I always seem to find an answer soon
after asking the list.

I'm storing user info for creating users.  The content for this part of
the project *is* users, and I do not want to have to send people to site
management space for that.  It's mainly a small app for creating logins
for another part of the project.

I found zope.app.component.hooks.getSite() , which gets me to a place
where I can iterate through the hierarchy and collect logins for a pas
authentication service.  And it seems to work OK.

Is this somehow dangerous or otherwise ill-advised?

-Jim Washington