[Zope3-Users] Re: Customisation of addform

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Nov 29 06:42:16 EST 2004

Dominik Huber wrote:
>>I was meaning class_ (with a underscore). But I just see that there
>>is no class without underscore. Is there a special meaning in the
>>underscore?
>
> some words used in zcml are reserved python words (class and for for
> example). the '_' avoids the wording conflict only.

Correct. The problem isn't actually that Python keywords are used in
ZCML (they can be, of course), but that we use schemas to describe ZCML
directives and there we can't use keywords. That's why we append an
underscore. The APIDoc tool shouldn't really print that. It should print
what the user puts into ZCML...

Philipp