[Zope3-Users] Form for list of lists

Cliff Ford Cliff.Ford at ed.ac.uk
Thu Apr 14 03:43:07 EDT 2005

I have a list of lists that I need to manipulate with a form. I have
figured out how to get the list elements into a form with a Page
Template. However, the field names come out like this:

0 field.listname.0. field.listname.1. field.listname.2.
1 field.listname.0. field.listname.1. field.listname.2.
2 field.listname.0. field.listname.1. field.listname.2.

where the first integer is just the value of repeat/item/index and the
first element represents listname[0][0].

I have a widget derived from SimpleInputWidget to handle the form
elements (all strings).

I don't know how to get the updated form values back into the list of
lists, or even the best/correct approach to this whole problem. Can
anyone provide some pointers?

Cliff

PS: Has yesterday's question from Dylan Reinhardt been answered
off-list? I will be doing the same thing next and was interested in any
answers.