[Zope3-Users] Allowing an "other" value in choice fields sourced from vocabularies.

Alec Munro alecmunro at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:58:48 EDT 2005

Hi List,

We want to allow a choice field with an "other" option, that allows
them to type in an arbitrary value. So far, we have this working up
until the point of validation. At the point of validation, it notices
that the other value is not in the vocabulary, and raises
ConstraintNotSatisfied.
My initial thought is to create a new field type for
"SuggestedChoice", that simply doesn't perform the checking against
the vocabulary values. Has anyone else run up against this?

Thanks,

Alec Munro