[Zope3-Users] Re: How to resolve bi-directionally navigable association? (Corrections)

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Mon Aug 8 19:25:51 EDT 2005

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 02:36:46PM +0200, Adam Groszer wrote:
| Corrections:
|
| Monday, August 8, 2005, 11:45:56 AM, I wrote:
|
| > The only way I found is defining a dummy interface before the other:
|
| Actually that does not work, because the dummy IUnit and the real
| IUnit is not the same and IItem stores the wrong one. This failes on
| validations.
|
| Now I don't have any more ideas, please help.

I don't think the schema you posted actually does what you want.  When
you create an IItem object, the form will embed a form to create a new
IUnit object (which will embed a form to create a new IItem and so
on).  Even apart from the infinite recursion in the form, I don't
think you are intending to create a new IUnit every time you create an
IItem.

I think you are intending to initialize a -reference- to an existing
IUnit when you create the IItem and vice-versa.  In X3.0, you use a
vocabulary to do this.  See if the available documentation and
examples for those meets your needs.

HTH,
-D

--
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us,
that we should be called children of God!

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org