[Zope3-Users] Re: What's the rationale of @@ ? Was: index.html

Frank Burkhardt fbo2 at gmx.net
Tue Dec 13 08:20:35 EST 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 02:02:05PM +0100, Andreas Elvers wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> what the rationale of @@ anyway ? I've searched for a definition for
> this in the Developer Handbook and elsewhere but it's hard to search
> for @@ and view.

(To all Gurus: Please correct me, if I'm wrong)

@@ marks a given path component explicitely as a view of the previous object.

Example:

http://zopeserver/contents.html

Could mean either "The object named 'contents.html' in the root folder" or
(if there is no such object) "The 'contents.html' view (List of contained
objects) of the root folder" - the object is preferred.

http://zopeserver/@@contents.html

Will always display the list of contained objects of the root folder - no matter
if there's a object 'contents.html' or not.

I'm maintaining a wiki which tries to answer all those little questions around
zope3. It's in german (Sorry, my employer depends on it):

  http://fbo.no-ip.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Zope/AtAt

Regards,

Frank