[Zope3-Users] Re: What's the rationale of @@ ? Was: index.html

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Dec 13 09:52:55 EST 2005

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 December 2005 08:02, Andreas Elvers wrote:
>
>>what the rationale of @@ anyway ? I've searched for a definition for
>>this in the Developer Handbook and elsewhere but it's hard to search
>>for @@ and view.
>>
>>For insight or pointer to documentation or source to this matter I'd be
>>very happy.
>

> It is a shortcut for the ++view++ namespace. @@ looks like two eyes. ;-)

More importantly:

- It is short

- It doesn't have any English words in it

This is the most likely place where name spaces might appear
in public URLs, so I wanted to make them as unobtrusive as
possible. (If you work hard, you can avoid them altogether,
but I don't expect most people to work that hard.)

Jim