[Zope3-Users] Some questions concerning Zope3

RR Nederhoed rr at nederhoed.com
Wed Feb 9 14:18:15 EST 2005

Gents and Lasses,

Since almost two months, I'm working with Zope3 in my spare time. So
consider me a Zope3 rookie.

To practice my Z3 skills, I'm building a language course consisting of
translation facts (Knowledge), grouped in Lessons, grouped in Courses.
The idea is to have a web interface to fill these Courses with Lessons.
Additionally I will add an XmlRpc interface to query the courses from
another website or application, using Php or Python for example.
For now I'm using Stephan Richters dev book. Very handy. (Thank you
Stephan).

I have some questions:

1. If I have Courses filled with data, how does adding data fields
(class variables) to my object's interface affect the stored data? Can I
guarantee no stored data will be lost during development?

2. To really get the best knowledge of Zope3, should I also work with Zope2?

Thanks, Robert-Reinder